Thursday, July 7, 2016

Dehydrator Time!

I've got Disney songs on the brain today...cause..."for the first time in forever"...the dehydrator is up and running! WOOHOO!


It's kinda dark and creepy looking, because when I pulled it out...it was sort of dark and creepy inside. I guess the last time I used it was forever ago and I may or may not of cleaned all the trays when I put it away...oops!

Well after a quick scrubbing it was time to get it going again. 


It's not a lot, but the last of the apricots had to be preserved or lost. I just washed them, quartered them and put them on the trays skin side down to dry at 140 degrees. 

The tomatoes are already coming on quicker than we can eat them...so into the dehydrator with them as well. 


These were just washed, sliced up, most of the seeds removed and laid out to dry at the same 140 degrees. 

Once they are dry but not brittle I will vacuum seal them with my foodsaver and toss them in the freezer for summer goodness in the middle of winter. 

What are you putting away for winter this week?

Stephanie
ohmyfoodgrows@gmail.com

Don't miss out on a moment of the action...Like me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment