Monday, August 8, 2016

Yummy Pickle Flavored Treasures for on the Go

I have no idea what to call these little treasures! I googled dried pickles...and the results were dried pickles...not what I made! So I googled dehydrator cucumber recipes...lots of fun stuff, but nothing like this! So, what shall we call them? Cuciles? Pickumbers? Well, it seems the name is not as important as the invention...however suggestions are welcome. 


So there it is, three simple ingredients and we have mouth puckering yumminess in a messless portable snack! 

How did I pull this off you ask? Well, I put 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar and 3 cups of water in a bowl. Threw in a couple of thinly sliced cucs from the garden and let soak for 5 minutes. I then pulled them out and placed them in a single layer on my dehydrator tray and gave them a nice salting with the Himalayan Pink Salt. I set the dehydrator to 105 degrees and processed them for about 18 hours. At this point they were crisp and ready to snack on. (Your results may vary based on drying method and temp.)

These have a nice mild pucker factor. I will let the next batch soak for 20 or so minutes and report back with the results. 

I let all of my dehydrator items set a moisture balance in a covered glass container for 24 hours. From there, I run them through the foodsaver for long term storage.

Until next time, happy snacking and have a wonderful, magical day!

Stephanie
ohmyfoodgrows@gmail.com

Don't miss out on a moment of the action...Like me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment